Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Freehold, NJ "My Home Town"

When I got in to real estate I didn't see myself having the time to blog, and to a large extent the exciting pace of the business that I'm falling more in love with every day has seen the fulfillment of this prophecy.  I thought to myself "Oh, you can just post whatever you want to say to Facebook, or Tweet and move on".  Then, last week, I found myself about to update my Facebook Realtor page with a random picture of an historical building in Downtown Freehold, NJ that I pass every day I go in to the office.  What I thought was going to be a sentence or two about the building, it's historical significance, and how it ties in with real estate law was far exceeding 130 characters ...so here we are (and I hope you're still reading!) at the point where I've realized that my followers' experience on Facebook and Twitter might actually be enhanced by the addition of a blog.

Being my first post, I feel it necessary to say a quick bit about myself and outline the goals of my blog.  So, without further ado, I'm Timothy (Tim) O'Rourke, and I'm a RE/MAX Realtor with the obligatory head-shot to prove it...


Born and raised in NJ, I spent most of my years in Freehold Township where I graduated high school and lived before moving to the Big Apple to finish college in 1994.  I called the city home for almost 18 years, most of them spent working in the interior design field and enjoying all that NYC has to offer.  Fast forward to 2012 and after many great years in the big city I decided to get back to my roots and enjoy a slower paced lifestyle, closer to family.  My partner Jim and I pulled up stakes in Brooklyn, loaded the wagon with Thorin & Olive and Cleo & Pinky(rip) (our two Welsh Corgis and cats) and headed to the country.  I'm thrilled to be living in Manalapan and working at RE/MAX Homeland REALTORS in Freehold - "my hometown".

As to this blog, and I'll make this quick and then close, you will see over time that my goal is simply to post a balance of useful and relevant real estate information as well as lifestyle and recreation interests in and around Monmouth County, hence the title of "Monmouth County Living".  Thank you for reading, and I hope you'll check in often!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment